[Guest post by Alexa Lemzy]
Customer service is an essential part of any business’ success. No business runs smoothly 100% of the time, but the way your business handles the snags can make the difference between losing customers and building customer loyalty.
The statistics on customer satisfaction highlight just how important customer support is. Did you know that it takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience? The good news, however, is that 70% of customers will do business with you again if you successfully resolve their issue.
Here are some top tools for the modern consumer to help your business thrive in customer support:
Mobile use has grown in leaps and bounds in the past few years. In 2011, only 35% of Americans owned smartphones. As of 2015, 64% of Americans owned one. Mobiles have become an essential part of daily life, from communicating with friends to looking for a job to comparing prices on items in different stores.
When businesses set up their customer service platforms, mobile is a key part of that experience. Companies should bring customers mobile-optimized customer support browsers that open quickly, are resized for mobile screens and provide easy to identify touch buttons to find the information or perform the action they need.
Loop offers mobile optimized customer support services for real-time mobile customer support.
Live chatting allows customers to connect with a support representative without having to leave the company’s website. The customer can follow the support rep’s instructions in real time on the website or allow the representative access to their computer in order to solve the problem for them with co-browsing.
These features provide a simple and seamless support experience, making live chat a popular support service for customers and businesses. The best live chat services are those that respond to a customer within two minutes or less.
LiveZilla offers live chat customer service software that includes multi-language support, a full-service help desk/ticket system, real-time visitor monitoring and is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows.
Texting has one of the highest rates of customer satisfaction among all customer service platforms. This study shows how texting provides superior satisfaction rates with 90 out of 100 customers showing satisfaction with their customer support experience via texting. Compare that with Facebook which had a 65% satisfaction rate and email had a 77% satisfaction rate. Texting is a fast and efficient way to solve customer problems. It has several benefits:
- Texting is a low cost customer service solution to the business or organization that uses it.
- It has unbeatable speed and reliability of delivery because it doesn’t depend on internet connection.
- It has a wide reach with 92% of the population owning mobile phones (versus 64% of the population who own smartphones).
TextMagic offers affordable SMS service for businesses to over 200 countries. Lots of free tools and pre-paid, contract-free messaging.
This is by far the most popular service channel with customers. In fact, a recent study shows that nearly 75% of customers prefer finding the solution themselves. Ways that support services can enhance self- service experiences are:
- Use past customer service information to analyze the most common problems people encounter.
- Continually update website content to provide seamless customer experiences.
- Create complete, clear and easy-to-understand FAQs pages.
- Create mobile-optimized call to action buttons that make searching for answers on the website easy for mobile users.
Aspect provides seamless mobile customer self-service with integrated location-based services and cross-channel analytics.
This is the newest way to provide customer support- by combining all support platforms and integrating them into one. The advent of the smartphone has allowed customers to have conversations across various platforms (text, social media, IM, mobile apps, etc.). So omni-channel is the obvious next step in customer service. Customers can now choose to contact you via voice, email, SMS, website, mobile app or social media. This type of system has some important benefits:
- For the customer – It allows the customer to choose the platform that they’re most comfortable with. Or, they might choose to communicate via several different platforms. In any case, the power of choice is in their hands and that’s already a great benefit to any customer service.
- For the representative – It allows the customer service representative a wider view of the customer’s history and interactions through the various media they’ve used.
Genesys offers omni-channel customer service with journey management to deliver superior customer support across all channels.
These customer support service channels all aim to provide excellent and efficient customer service for today’s consumer. Use them to solve your customers’ problems in a timely manner.