eCommerce Platforms has published an interesting infographic containing several tips on how to create a successful eCommerce strategy. The most relevant highlights from this infographic are:
- Design is an important thing, at least to create confidence. It takes less than 50 milliseconds for users to decide if they like your site or not, so their first impression has to be amazing.
- Customers remember 80% of what they see and only 20% of what they read, so focus on photos and multimedia material
- Content marketing and SEO are two strategies you have to start working on as early as possible
- You need to create an amazing shopping experience, and for that your online store has to be fast, you nee to offer several payment options, shipping alternatives, etc
- Use Social Media to promote your online store. 37% of consumers have recommended a business on Facebook and 30% of Twitter users gear up in holiday shopping mode before October
- Affiliate marketing can generate up to 90% of the total revenue
- 50% of the customers will go to a competitor site if they end up on an unresponsive site. So don’t forget your mobile users!