There has recently been lots of talk about the growth of eCommerce in Spain: some attribute it to entrepreneurship, others to the crisis. However, I believe that it is due to the fact that we are experiencing a time of change. However, we still have a lot to learn from off which we should apply to on. In any case, that’s market trends for you, and one needs to adapt by having a good idea of what the current landscape is like. So here’s a question: are those of you who have an online store sure that you’re doing the right things? Could you improve? Are you converting?
Today we will be examining your online store: but you must be sincere and objective. Here are some concepts which you must score from 1 to 10 and then find the average, as in university.
eCommerce usability: examine your online store
- Your homepage. 1 to 10.
- Category tree. 1 to 10.
- Clear menus. 1 to 10.
- Slider or dynamic part. 1 to 10.
- Social media buttons. 1 to 10.
- Information in the footer. 1 to 10.
- Quality seals. 1 to 10.
- Contact form and telephone. 1 to 10.
- Product ratings. 1 to 10.
- Payment methods. 1 to 10.
- Product descriptions. 1 to 10.
- Product images. 1 to 10.
- Loading time. 1 to 10.
- Personalised recommendations. 1 to 10.
- Gamification or customer loyalty plans. 1 to 10.
- Shopping cart abandonment recovery. 1 to 10.
If you extract the average score and get less than 5, you have failed: identify your worst scores and try to improve them. Bear in mind that the usability of your online store is crucial for conversion, and you could be losing potential customers and recurrence for that reasons. Let us hope that you will get better marks next time.