To complete this series of posts on “How to Create Your Own Groupon in No Time At All”, today we will see how to create your own coupons, attractive and appropriate for every occasion. At this point it can be said that you can either create a coupon for your own store or else join a “Groupon” in which you would include your coupon. Let us see what steps must be taken to complete the operation in both cases. Your coupon en Ecommerce is easy!
For your website
- Find an idea by means of brainstorming or any other methodology used in your business. Carefully research the key words that will go on the coupon, as well as its image and the discount-incentive which you will offer to your customers. These elements will have direct impact on the coupon’s conversion ratio. Study other online and offline coupons offered by similar companies to get ideas about how to structure the coupon (offer) and what kind of image is most effective.
- You can create a coupon using Paint or Gimp… but you want it to look professional. If you don’t know how to do it, get someone to design your coupon. Otherwise, you have online alternatives for coupon design, such as:
- Microsoft Office coupon templates
- Design your coupon on the basis of the ideas which you previously researched. Make sure that your coupons include at least the following: offer, expiry date, company logo, and instructions for exchanging the coupon.
- Now place the coupon in your website, but when the user clicks on it try, insofar as possible to redirect him or her to a page where he or she can print the coupon
- Join a coupon hosting service, like Groupon or Yowza!! Yowza!! requires a subscription to publish offers, but in the free version you can have up to 3 coupons-offers active at the same time.
- Once you have provided your business information in services like those mentioned in point 1, a representative will contact you and inform you about the status of your account and when your offers will appear on the website. In Groupon, for example, your offers are launched on a certain day, and you have 6 months after that to promote them, but you have to pay attention. In Yowza!!, your offers are published on a daily basis, so there is no need to pay attention.
- Link coupons to your website, Facebook fanpage, Twitter… The services mentioned above already offer the possibility of printing the coupon, so you don’t have to worry about that. How you manage to attract customers to click on the link to the offer is up to you.
Some companies offer comprehensive services for campaigns in social media like Twitter or Facebook, such as Wildfire. You can find more information here: http://wildfireapp.com/tour