In the following infographic we can check the impact of the eCommerce boom in retail logistics. Some of the most important highlights:
- An estimated 30% of US industrial demand is related to eCommerce
- Fulfillment centers larger than 500,000 sq ft are very prevalent in the US markets where they can have the best access to key cities and populated areas
- There is also growing demands for parcel hubs and delivery centers and the market will increase by 70% between 2012-2017 to reach 2.2 billion pounds
- In France Amazon has 4 facilities with 250,000 sq m.
- Ecommerce retailers have started to include smaller urban warehouses to shorten delivery and provide quick delivery services to online consumers.
[Infographic by http://www.2flow.ie/]